You came here because you are wondering how to take care of your jewellery? Well, let's face it: Jewellery is a commodity and even high-quality gold items won't last forever. We all wear our favourite rings & necklaces every day and they end up with little marks & scratches. Yes, it makes them unique to us but let's see what we can do to make them last longer.
However, we got a few guidelines for you to follow and hopefully you will enjoy your jewellery for as long as possible:
- Remove your jewellery before you start exercising.
- Reduce direct contact to body lotion, deodorant, perfume, any cosmetic product that could contain alcohol, which could change the colour.
- Never put it in your wallet together with coins.
- Highly recommended: pack your jewellery separate from other accessories to avoid scratches.
- Saltwater or chlorine are damaging to the surface. Before you go swimming, take it off.
- Don't use chemicals to clean your jewellery, only use a polishing cloth.
- If possible, store your jewellery in a dry and dark place. Bathrooms are too humid!
- Gemstone jewellery require extra care, use a soft brush.
- If you have antique jewellery, get advice from a specialist before ruining it.
If you follow those guidelines, you will enjoy your earrings, rings and/or necklaces for a long time.